What personal information about customers do we gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your Gene Lilly Pools, Spas, & Games website experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information you give us: We may store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our store, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses the Gene Lilly Pools, Spas, & Games website.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open an e-mail from Gene Lilly Pools, Spas, & Games if your computer supports such capabilities.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What about cookies?
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Does Gene Lilly Pools, Spas, & Games share the information it receives?
- Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below using controls that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Third-party service providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include webmaster services, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of Gene Lilly Pools, Spas, & Games and others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Gene Lilly Pools, Spas, & Games, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
- Credit Cards: We do not store your credit card information on our server. Our payment processor (Stripe) is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1 with the most rigorous level of certification available, using encryption of sensitive data and communications.
How secure is information about me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing utilizing the WooCommerce Stripe interface. We do not store credit card numbers on our website.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What about third-party advertisers and links to other websites?
- Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other Web sites.
Are children allowed to use the Gene Lilly Pools, Spas, & Games website?
- We do not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use this website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian.
Conditions of use, notices, and revisions
If you choose to visit our Gene Lilly Pools, Spas, & Games website, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms & Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Maryland. If you have any concern about privacy at Gene Lilly Pools, Spas, & Games, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.